Monday, November 18, 2013

Dancing Ladies in the Park!


 One thing I have really loved about China are the dancing ladies! In the evening in the parks or outside of the grocery store you can find groups of ladies of all ages dancing together. I love to watch them and would love to join in one day! One afternoon I was walking to the grocery store and to my surprise the park was loaded with hundreds of these dancing lady groups and they were all in costume! It was a sight to see! As we walked further we learned it was a performance and it was going to start at 1pm. We watched them rehearse for a bit then got our shopping done so we could be back to watch at 1.

I met up with some friends and we enjoyed hours of these dancing ladies. It was so fun to watch and every one dancing was happy and smiling. I think each group had to prepare two dances. One of them was with a prop and the other dance everyone had to do the same song with a certain combination of steps and moves. By the end of the day I couldn't get that song out of my head. It was kind of ridiculous... But well worth my time!



Esther and Marshal

Crystal, Nellie, Esther, Marshal & Robin

Clara was out!
Let the dancing begin















 We learned very quickly that you aren't supposed yell and cheer for the dancers.... you're apparently supposed to just clap for a short time after the dance is over... but we kept on cheering and needless to stay we were stared at quite a bit... but soon enough we had a few natives who joined us!


a cute little girl enjoying her orange


Happy Dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment