Monday, September 16, 2013

Small World!

We were sitting in Church just getting ready to start the meeting when a hand full of people rolled in, one of which Trevor recognized. He looked at me and said "My old companion just walked in!".  I could tell he was excited about it. Trevor awkwardly stared at him until he noticed. His companion got up the second he realized it was Trevor and ran over to sit with us. It was fun watching them chatting, laughing and catching up! It was easy to see they were excited to see each other. It has been 4 years since they have seen each other. Turns out he, Joshua, is living in Shanghai working and loving life. The next night he invited us out for dinner. We went to a really delicious cafe! I got a pizza and Trevor got a hamburger, we had been missing American food so we were very excited to sink our teeth into this meal. We got to talk and catch up some more. He told us that he was really in Nanjing because we was on a Chinese dating show that weekend. They came to him and wanted him to be on the show. It sounds like it was quite the event, single ladies voting on which bachelors they wanted date! We are excited for it to air here! 

It was a fun surprise and Trevor was excited to catch up with an old friend. 






This was the little piece of heaven that Joshua 
introduced us to. A toasted bread 
box, ice cream and sweetened condensed milk.
 I am still dreaming about it!


1 comment:

  1. This all looks so awesome! I won't lie I am a little jealous of you!! I am so glad you have been able to explore so much! Keep this thing updated I love to see pics!! Love you guys! Hope your job and school are going well. Time to face time again:) love you!

    ReplyDelete